Reducing energy-related carbon emissions is at the heart of sustainability strategies. We can help.
Climate change has become a defining factor in the long-term sustainability and profitability of the energy industry. Companies are adopting strategies to support decarbonization, net-zero carbon goals, methane intensity targets, emissions reductions, water conservation, and energy efficiency.
The entire value chain from upstream, to gas and LNG operations, refining and petrochemicals, logistics and terminals, and power generation is faced with unique challenges for continued long-term success. Disclosure of climate-related risks, national or regulatory emissions targets, carbon pricing, commitments to reduce emissions, investment and financial pressures, and transportation fuel demand destruction require a competitive approach to asset operations.
When you partner with Solomon, you tap into our 40-year knowledge of the energy industry and our proven capabilities, which provides customized data-driven solutions that support emissions reduction goals and optimize business outcomes. Industry experts apply a practical and business-focused approach grounded in the principles of top-performing companies to help you implement sustainability strategies.
- Understand the Baseline – Complete an independent assessment of your operations applying benchmark information, best practices assessments, and setting targets.
- Frame Improvement Opportunities – Define practical implementable recommendations where emissions benefit and the financial impact is defined.
- Implement and Monitor Results –Develop action plans, outline implementation roadmaps, and establish monitoring programs to track improvements.
The Solomon approach is effectively applied to individual sites, asset portfolios, or across the value chain and is custom-tailored based on your specific strategic objectives. This proven approach shows direct business impact and improves the bottom line.
Business Impact and Bottom Line Results:
- Improve investor propositions and mitigate climate related risks
- Understand achievable targets and attainable timelines
- Outline options such as substitution, capture, off-setting, and reduction
- Reduce energy and water costs with efficient operations
- Minimize flaring and other sources of hydrocarbon loss and emissions
- Improve reliability, reduce unplanned emissions, and optimize operations
Our unique data and proven approach support initiatives where we partner with third-parties, trade organizations, and regulatory entities to provide insight and perspectives in the efforts of transforming the energy industry.
Third Party Engagements:
- Establish consistent performance metrics from tracking and reporting performance.
- Support energy programs where industry operators focus on improving energy performance.
- Provide regional trends, insights, and outlooks based on benchmark information.
Solomon provides unparalleled strategic support, analysis, and solutions by leveraging our rich knowledge of the energy industry, trusted methodologies, and deep databases. Partnering with Solomon supports a wide range of your sustainability needs and advances your strategies.
Downstream energy efficiency and carbon reduction:
- Portfolio assessment, climate change scenarios
- Understanding impact of demand destruction
- Energy efficiency analysis
- Technology reviews
- Workshops with corporate and facility leadership
- Reduced operating expenses (energy, water, other) and support carbon emissions targets
Upstream energy efficiency and carbon reduction:
- Energy efficiency analysis, hydrocarbon loss reduction, and carbon reduction assessment
- Performance benchmarking (energy, emissions)
- Establish methane baseline
- Set targets, measurement, and monitoring programs
- Custom-tailored to meet your unique needs and strategic objectives.
- Industry experts averaging >25 years of operating experience to ensure practical and actionable insight.
- Proven and trusted methodology with 40 years of applying the best practices of the top performers in industry.
- World Oil Refining Logistics and Demand (WORLD) Model® and databases.
- Proprietary databases spanning the value chain in all regions of the world with industry recognized methodology, including:
- EII® – Energy Intensity Index™
- CEI™ – Carbon Emissions Index™
- CWB® – Complexity-Weighted Barrel™
- CWT® – Complexity-Weighted Tonne™
Plants in 70 countries around the globe use Solomon’s in-depth benchmarking process.