Operators face demanding challenges in maintenance operations. Learn how we can help.
When you know how your maintenance costs, equipment reliability, and turnaround performance compare to those of other operators, you gain important insights that can support critical decision-making and uncover hidden improvement opportunities. In addition, the clarity of vision you get from a trusted third-party assessment can help you reduce unanticipated maintenance disruptions and their associated risks. Solomon has more data and insight on maintenance, reliability, and turnarounds than any other firm, along with experienced consultants who can help you take specific actions to improve performance and profitability.
Our performance metrics include operations data from the following:
- More than 10,000 production units
- More than 54,000 refinery turnarounds over the last 40 years
- 1,570 chemical plant turnarounds
- More than 5,000 offshore and onshore oil and gas fields
This data can help in evaluating your internal operations as well as your performance in comparison with others in the industry.
Benchmarking studies provide a detailed assessment of your organization’s reliability, maintenance, and turnarounds and can lead to significant improvements. More detailed studies offer a deeper analysis into specific areas of opportunity and can help in improving underlying issues. And once you know where you stand relative to peers, we can help guide you in improving your performance by recommending targets and actions to put you on a path to continuous improvement.
After learning about your organizational needs, we craft a specific solution for improvement backed by decades of analyzing maintenance operations and seeing what good looks like. With a diverse selection of proven methodologies—whether specific, broad, or all-inclusive—our services can be tailored to fit your unique needs.
Enabling Your Success
When you choose Solomon, you leverage:
- Benchmarking methodology and expertise acquired over decades of analyzing assets across the energy value chain.
- An extensive, proprietary database of reliability, maintenance, and turnaround metrics.
- Insight services supplemented by an established database of best practices.
- Industry experts that capture 20–40% of the efficiency opportunities from your Solomon study results.