Discover opportunities to reduce energy-related carbon emissions. Get the support to act with confidence.
Evolving environmental and financial regulations and the ongoing energy transition are challenging the oil and gas industry in new and unforeseen ways. With a long and proven history of helping clients measure and improve energy efficiency, Solomon has unique understanding and insight into what is both practical and possible, and the experts to help guide you with confidence.
The Sustainability Performance Analysis offering expands on our proven Performance Excellence Process™ solution to evaluate the energy-related sustainability impacts of your operations to support your strategic business decisions.
Helping the industry measure and reduce energy-related carbon emissions. We deliver sustainable
improvements of 20-40% of gaps without Capex.
- Conduct data diagnostics to identify opportunities and focus the best practice assessment.
- Evaluate existing behaviors, work processes, procedures, and practices that impact your sustainability.
- Use results to accelerate the change process and create a framework for continuous improvement.
- Blend technical and behavior changes needed to create sustainable results.
- Support continuous improvement with health checks and special topic workshops.
Our Proven Approach
Solomon has the tools and insight to understand your business quickly, without the ramp-up required by other firms. We create, tailor, and implement sustainable improvements to meet your needs in the most efficient time-period possible. Our approach evaluates climate-related sustainability factors such as energy balances, emissions data, hydrogen systems, electrical optimization, technology options, feedstock selection, and products and logistics.
- Utilize benchmarking data to understand energy-related carbon emission reduction opportunities.
- Compare performance against top industry performers.
- Consider configuration, complexity, and technology.
- Incorporate regional and geographical factors.
- Define climate-related sustainability and business metrics.
- Conduct a site Best Practice Assessment to identify focus areas and opportunities.
- Examine current work processes, procedures, and practices that impact energy use.
- Identify options for energy integration and electrical optimization, review hydrogen and water balances, and evaluate impact on emissions.
- Determine Quick-Hits and recommendations.
- Develop targets that support sustainability objectives.
- Establish implementation priorities.
- Receive training to create sustainable change.
- Create action plans through implementation teams.
- Track improvements and monitor progress.
- Rely on specialist assistance from industry subject matter experts.
- Establish targeted assessments and evaluations.
- Access specialized training and workshops lead by industry experts.
- Follow up with benchmarking analysis.
Metrics that Support Carbon Emissions Strategies
- Energy Sustainability Index™ (ESI™) measures the energy efficiency of the direct (scope 1) and indirect (scope 2) sources required for operation.
- Energy Intensity Index™ (EII®), established industry metric that measures consumption- based energy efficiency.
- Carbon Emissions Index (CEI), the primary metric for greenhouse gas emissions includes both direct (scope 1) and indirect (scope 2) emissions.
- Carbon Dioxide Equivalent (CO2e) emissions comparisons for extended chemicals value chain.
Solving Your Challenges
Our detailed analysis evaluates:
- Energy management
- Hydrocarbon loss
- Carbon emissions
- Organizational effectiveness
- Planning and optimization
- Operations and technical
- Reliability and maintenance
- Quality management
Why Partner with Us?
- Solomon are the data experts
- We know the data and where to look
- Unique combination of business, operational, and sustainability expertise
- We accelerate gap closure and benefits
Contact us to learn more about how we could help you increase your energy efficiency, reduce your climate-related carbon emissions, and meet your sustainability initiatives.
Solomon benchmarking is the key to understanding your operational gaps relative to peers across a wide range of key performance indicators (KPIs) and helps you better compete in today’s ever-changing industry. Our proprietary database and benchmarking studies enable a deep understanding of the factors driving your industry and competition; insight not possible with internal benchmarking.
If your organization is new to one of our studies or has experienced challenges completing the study data input forms, Solomon can help. Data quality and a proven benchmarking methodology enable results and insight you can trust. Contact us today!