Gain valuable insight to sustain or enhance your company’s competitive position with a clear understanding of how you compare against peers.
Solomon’s Worldwide Liquid Terminal Performance Analysis (Liquid Terminal Study) uses a proprietary database, models, methods, and best practices to measure and compare your performance against industry peers and top performers. Our unique Comparative Performance Analysis™ (CPA™) methodology and normalization factors, accounting for size and complexity differences with peers, generate reliable cost comparisons for domestic and international terminal facilities.
Figure 1. Manageable Non-Volume Expenditures (MNVE) Gaps
The peer gap analysis delivers significant data-driven insight into performance improvement opportunities in both cost and personnel. Figure 1. presents the Manageable Non-Volume Expenditures (MNVE) gaps by cost components. The operations bar represents a favorable gap, where the terminal outperforms the competition, whereas the maintenance bar represents an unfavorable gap or underperformance. The example evaluation above shows a total gap of 540k USD; however, the graph reveals the true improvement opportunity of 700k USD.
- Pipeline, truck, rail, marine facilities
- Crude oil, petroleum products, petrochemicals, and/or LPGs
- Total Cash Operating Expenditures
- Maintenance Expenditures and Tank Integrity
- Personnel Costs and Work Hours
- Reliability and Safety
- Energy Consumption and Cost
- Gap Analysis
- Peer Group Analysis
- Individual Client Reports
Learn More & How You Can Participate
Obtain a clear picture of your competitive position with data-driven, actionable insight.
Join top companies that rely on Solomon’s Liquid Terminal Study to identify optimization opportunities and enhanced reliability.
Leverage a vetted, proprietary performance database of
- Determine competitive positions using standard and custom industry peer groups
- Assess specific performance shortfalls relative to best in industry performers
- Formulate personnel and expenditure optimizations plans to eliminate shortfalls
- Establish performance targets and measure progress
- Compare industry performance across geographic regions
- Demonstrate performance/capability to joint-venture partners, financial institutions, and security analysts
Participants receive the following:
- Reliable metrics for analyzing performance
- Rigorous data validation
- Comparison to facilities with diverse operating configuration, terminal capacity, throughput, product mix, and complexity
- Performance comparisons at the terminal level
- Executive summary presentation with actionable insight supported by study
Closing Performance Gaps
What gaps do you struggle to close? What quick and near-term actions will have the biggest impact on performance excellence and profitability? We know what good looks like… and how to get there.
Data Quality, Benchmarking Methodology
A Foundation for Effective Comparative Performance Analysis and Decision Support
We prioritize the integrity and confidentiality of participant-submitted data and rigorously review that data before benchmarking begins. Then, we employ our normalization process and benchmarking methodology to provide valuable and trusted peer group comparisons that deliver meaningful KPIs. Finally, our staff of senior consultants apply their deep industry experience to develop practical insight and recommendations to enable your success.
If your organization is new to one of our studies or has experienced challenges completing the study data input forms, Solomon can help. Data quality and a proven benchmarking methodology enable results and insight you can trust. Contact us today!