Maximize Profitability and Align Your Natural Gas Processing and Fractionation Assets With Your Sustainability Targets
Natural gas is a key component of net-zero emission strategies. Historically, upstream often viewed gas processing as a means to deal with oil production by-products and focused on maximizing oil production. Today, gas is the cornerstone of reducing emissions and delivering power to hard-to-power segments of the world. Continuously improving your natural gas processing and fractionation assets helps assure sustained profits.
"We have found the study a valuable tool for assessing and testing our views of industry trends with a highly credible third party. We believe the service has provided benefits to our Board of Directors and Senior Management in strategy and development." EXECUTIVE, GAS UTILITY
Reduce costs with profit improvement opportunities up to 20% of total OpEx.
- What is my competitive position within my region and the world?
- How do my operating expenses compare to others in my region and the world?
- How competitive are my total production costs and net cash margins?
- How do I judge the performance of joint-venture partner operations?
- How large is my carbon footprint compared to industry peers?
- How can I measure performance improvement opportunities?
- How efficiently are my plants being operated?
The Worldwide Natural Gas Processing and Fractionation Performance Analysis (NGPF Study) uses Solomon’s proprietary Comparative Performance Analysis™ (CPA™) methodology to provide a comprehensive assessment of your assets' competitive position through multiple perspectives and creates a data-driven roadmap to continuous improvement. The study evaluates each asset against industry peers to maximize portfolio profitability and ensure alignment with your sustainability targets.
Natural Gas Processing & Fractionation Study Focus Areas
Solomon experts understand that not every asset is the same and that facilities vary from plant to plant. The NGPF Study normalizes measured operational peformance to provide valid comaprisons to other plants with varying facility configurations.
Decades of Solomon benchmarking data has shown that low-cost does not always equate to optimum performance. Data shows that operators with the lowest cost for all performance metrics do not maintain a sustainable performance profile. Sustainable performance is a balancing act.
- Rank assets and prioritize investment decisions
- Understand sustainability competitiveness to protect stakeholder value and market reputation
- Identify actionable performance gaps versus peers
- Establish performance improvement targets and measure progress
- Provide data-driven justifications for capital investment and staffing plans
Study participants receive the following:
- Expert recommendations to achieve top-level performance
- Workshop covering how to review and use the provided data
- Executive study results presentation providing a comprehensive summary of your plants’ performance gaps in relation to your region and target performance peer groups
Metrics that Support Emissions Strategies
Energy is one of the largest components of a gas processing plant’s OpEx and offers a key opportunity to improve cost and reduce emissions. Solomon uses three proprietary methodologies to compare energy use and emission:
- Energy Intensity Index™ (EII®)
- Energy Sustainability Index™ (ESI™)
- Carbon Emissions Index (CEI)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A: The NGPF Study uses Solomon’s proprietary CPA methodology to provide a comprehensive assessment of your assets' competitive position through multiple perspectives and helps creates a data-driven roadmap to continuous improvement.
A: The NGPF Study results supply data-driven insight to help guide your optimization plans, eliminate shortfalls, close performance gaps with peers, and prioritize next steps to sustainable performance excellence.
A: The study considers key operational variables to normalize the differences in terms of size and complexity.
A: Multiple types of peer groups are used in the performance rankings. Study participants use them to compare their plant characteristics, resource requirements, and performance with a subset of similar plants.
A: The study includes assets from National Oil Companies, Integrated Oil Companies, Independents, Join Ventures, etc.
A: The typical NGPF Study takes about six months to complete.
A: Yes, the study process can be accelerated to get results in less than 6 months.
A: The following success factors maximize the value of benchmarking: stakeholders’ commitment, data quality, findings relevance, and opportunities prioritization.
Learn How You Can Participate
The NGPF Study results supply data-driven insight to help guide your optimization plans, eliminate shortfalls, close performance gaps with peers, and prioritize next steps to sustainable performance excellence. Join others who leverage this data driven insight.
Data Quality, Benchmarking Methodology
A Foundation for Effective Comparative Performance Analysis and Decision Support
We prioritize the integrity and confidentiality of participant-submitted data and rigorously review that data before benchmarking begins. Then, we employ our normalization process and benchmarking methodology to provide valuable and trusted peer group comparisons that deliver meaningful KPIs. Finally, our staff of senior consultants apply their deep industry experience to develop practical insight and recommendations to enable your success.