Facilitate continuous performance improvement in your natural gas processing and fractionation assets.
Environmental pressures are transitioning the world from oil to natural gas, a key component of net-zero emission strategies.
The Gas Processing and Fractionation Study provides a comprehensive assessment of your assets' competitive position through multiple perspectives using Solomon’s rigorous and trusted methodology. We evaluate a broad spectrum of plants across diverse operating environments. Study results deliver a comparison to help you eliminate shortfalls, establish performance improvement targets, and measure progress using industry-trusted metrics and deep insight into top performers.
Sustainable performance is a balancing act. In our experience, operators that rank among the lowest in cost for all performance metrics do not maintain a sustainable performance profile. The world’s best (WB) performers lead in Availability compared to their competitors and maintain reasonable second quartile cost performance. Low-cost does not always equal optimum performance.
The Gas Processing and Fractionation Study results supply data-driven insight to help guide your optimization plans, close your performance gaps with peers and prioritize next steps to sustainable performance excellence.
- Energy consumption efficiency
- Energy sustainability efficiency
- Carbon emissions efficiency
- Availability impact on net-cash margin
- Maintenance cost efficiency
- Total cash operating expenses
- Competitive position
- Safety performance
- Non-energy cost efficiency
- Non-maintenance efficiency
- Personnel efficiency
- What is my competitive position within my region and the world?
- How do my operating expenses compare to others in my region and the world?
- How competitive are my total production costs and net cash margins?
- How do I judge the performance of joint-venture partner operations?
- How large is my carbon footprint compared to industry peers?
- How can I measure performance improvement opportunities?
- How efficiently are my plants being operated?
Learn More & How You Can Participate
Identify performance gaps with peers by drawing upon the world’s most extensive, historical, and proprietary database of operational performance, combined with a library of industry best practices and experts that understand your business.
Each study participant will receive the following:
- Performance rankings on a global, regional, and peer group basis for all performance areas.
- Your plant’s competitive position and peer group comparison.
- Solomon’s proprietary metrics and indicators for all performance areas
- An economic gap analysis compared to global high-performing peers.
- Workshop covering how to review and use the provided spreadsheets.
- Study results presentation and discussion.
Metrics that Support Emissions Strategies
Energy is one of the largest components of a gas processing plant’s OpEx and offers a key opportunity to improve cost and reduce emissions. Solomon uses three proprietary methodologies to compare energy use and emission:
- Energy Intensity Index™ (EII®): Where your company, sites, and units on their energy efficiency journey?
- Energy Sustainability Index™ (ESI™): How effective are your corporate, site, and unit sustainability strategies?
- Carbon Emissions Index (CEI): How do my scheduled and unscheduled downtimes and rate reductions due to reliability and maintenance issues compare to my peers?
Study Results in Action
- Assess detailed competitive position.
- Identify actionable performance gaps versus peers.
- Establish performance improvement targets and measure progress.
- Formulate improvement plans and programs.
- Prioritize improvement activities.
- Provide data-driven justifications for capital investment and staffing plans.
- Measure improvement progress.
- Confirm performance capabilities across your site and your entire company.
Closing Performance Gaps
What gaps do you struggle to close? What quick and near-term actions will have the biggest impact on performance excellence and profitability? We know what good looks like… and how to get there.
Data Quality, Benchmarking Methodology
A Foundation for Effective Comparative Performance Analysis and Decision Support
We prioritize the integrity and confidentiality of participant-submitted data and rigorously review that data before benchmarking begins. Then, we employ our normalization process and benchmarking methodology to provide valuable and trusted peer group comparisons that deliver meaningful KPIs. Finally, our staff of senior consultants apply their deep industry experience to develop practical insight and recommendations to enable your success.