Get the in-depth analysis you need to improve performance and reduce costs of your natural gas transmission assets.
Solomon's Worldwide Natural Gas Transmission System Performance Analysis (NGTS Study) provides a comprehensive look at worldwide gas pipeline operating performance. The study delivers two perspectives—the big picture of where you stand compared to your peers, and the details you need to take an informed and targeted approach to improving performance.
Our analysis uses specific divisors to give you a true view of where you stand in:
- Manageable Non-Volume Expenditures (MNVE): Reflecting controllable fixed costs, MNVE per Equivalent Pipeline Complexity (EPC™) provides a basis for realistically identifying cost-based performance improvement areas.
- Maintenance Costs: The study analyzes maintenance costs, an important subset of cash operating expenditures and MNVE, by function and activity to provide different perspectives for measuring performance.
- Personnel Costs and Work Hours: Solomon provides personnel cost and work hour metrics that compare your performance to a target group of best-in-industry performers.
- Energy Costs: Solomon separates energy costs into two components—unit energy cost and energy consumption. Energy consumption per trillion cubic foot-mile (Tcf-mi) (per cubic meter-kilometer (m³-km)) is comparable globally for pipeline size and other peer groups.
Learn How You Can Participate
Obtain a clear picture of your competitive position with data-driven, actionable insight. Make informed decisions and justify your strategies and improvement projects.
Solomon’s database contains data on
How It Works
Solomon assists you in:
- Selecting the correct combination of business units to maximize value for your study.
- Providing tried-and-tested training, input forms, and instructions to collect data for your facilities.
- Segregating data into categories that most affect operational and financial performance of gas transmission systems; normalizing data to provide an accurate comparison of diverse operations.
- Providing analysis of areas where you are doing well and where you have room to improve.
Closing Performance Gaps
What gaps do you struggle to close? What quick and near-term actions will have the biggest impact on performance excellence and profitability? We know what good looks like… and how to get there.
Data Quality, Benchmarking Methodology
A Foundation for Effective Comparative Performance Analysis and Decision Support
We prioritize the integrity and confidentiality of participant-submitted data and rigorously review that data before benchmarking begins. Then, we employ our normalization process and benchmarking methodology to provide valuable and trusted peer group comparisons that deliver meaningful KPIs. Finally, our staff of senior consultants apply their deep industry experience to develop practical insight and recommendations to enable your success.
If your organization is new to one of our studies or has experienced challenges completing the study data input forms, Solomon can help. Data quality and a proven benchmarking methodology enable results and insight you can trust. Contact us today!
Solomon is that ours is the only third-party benchmarking assessment that visibility into trends in yields and reliability. Advisory services to companies operating throughout the energy value chain.