Identify improvement opportunities in reliability and maintenance.
Even top performers can find ways to improve. Participation in Solomon’s International Study of Plant Reliability and Maintenance Effectiveness Performance Analysis (RAM Study) yields valuable insight into top industry performers. Regardless of your current performance, hidden opportunities can save you millions of dollars.
Does it really matter if you are reliable? Obviously, the answer is yes, comparing an average performer to an average first-quartile (Q1) performer and assuming the same asset base, product, and plant capacity:
- Mechanical Availability – 97.7% versus 94.3%
- Process Losses – 1.46% versus 3.75%
- Operational Availability – 96.26% versus 90.55%
- Maintenance Cost Efficiency Index – 1.09% versus 1.99% (% of PRV)
Solomon’s RAM Study provides an objective evaluation of the extent to which the maintenance strategy for the production units submitted to the study was optimized.
We use our reliability indices to compare your performance to top-quartile performers, revealing opportunities to increase capacity without costly capital investment and identifying ways to reduce costly expenses without sacrificing performance.
production units have relied on
Solomon RAM Study results.
As part of the study, you will receive the following:
- A results presentation, providing an assessment of industry trends and insights supported by study data.
- Data tables, including calculation worksheets for each metric, performance rankings, aggregated peer group results, detailed gap analyses, and historical trend results where applicable.
- An executive presentation conducted at a site of your choosing.
Data Quality, Benchmarking Methodology
A Foundation for Effective Comparative Performance Analysis and Decision Support
We prioritize the integrity and confidentiality of participant-submitted data and rigorously review that data before benchmarking begins. Then, we employ our normalization process and benchmarking methodology to provide valuable and trusted peer group comparisons that deliver meaningful KPIs. Finally, our staff of senior consultants apply their deep industry experience to develop practical insight and recommendations to enable your success.