Improve your operational performance by leveraging the world’s largest, proprietary, upstream performance database and actionable insight from experts who understand your business.
Benchmarking has long been an effective practice to help operators compare against their peers and find performance gaps in their assets. The Worldwide Onshore Production Operations Performance Analysis (Onshore Study) uses Solomon’s proprietary Comparative Performance Analysis™ (CPA™) methodology to compare the operational performance of onshore operators around the world with a range of key performance indicators. The onshore database is carefully cleansed and prepared to enable trusted, actionable insight and stands out from public data.
The study delivers customized feedback emphasizing on where to focus optimization efforts to have the greatest impact. The study enables more effective resource management, future financial improvement, and enhanced competitiveness.
Because production is not the main cost driver, unit cost alone does not indicate the level of operations efficiency. Solomon’s proprietary normalized cost analysis levels the playing field by considering the size and complexity of each asset. The normalized cost analysis enables a more realistic identification of improvement opportunities. The gaps in cost efficiency performance between the asset and peer group leaders identify areas for potential cost optimization in every major cost category, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1. Cost Efficiency Gaps to Leaders
- Compression and power generation
- Well failures and interventions
- Staffing levels
- Energy and chemicals consumption
- Analysis of Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) performance
- Insight on Process Safety Management (PSM) performance
- Assessment over Surface Repair and Maintenance (SRM) performance
- More comprehensive assessment of total operating costs
- Additional sustainability metrics
- Expanded analysis of fixed wing and trucking usage
Join top companies that rely on Solomon’s Onshore Study to identify optimization opportunities and reduce production loss.
Leverage a vetted, proprietary performance database of
offshore facilities, including
- Measure your onshore operations performance against the world’s top performers
- Uncover areas of underperformance and identify realistic improvement opportunities
- Prioritize optimization efforts that have the greatest sustainable impact
- Compare direct support or overhead against your peers
- Understand year-on-year cost and production performance trends for each asset and peer group
- Compare direct and indirect support costs with peers
Participants will receive the following:
- Customized diagnostic analysis, including conclusions, recommendations, and valued opportunity potential for each asset.
- Specific cost targets and recommendations to achieve top level performance are presented.
- Private debriefings with Solomon advisors.
Upstream Operator Reduces Risk and Increases Confidence in OpEx Budget for New Gulf of Mexico Project
Several new indicators have been added, including:
- Maintenance Cost Efficiency Index (MEI™)
- Personnel Efficiency Index (PEI™)
- Energy Intensity Index™ (EII®)
- Carbon Emissions Index (CEI)
Learn More & How You Can Participate
Obtain a clear picture of your competitive position with data-driven, actionable insight. Make informed decisions and justify your strategies and improvement projects.
"We got far more than what we expected. I would recommend this process to any company wanting to move to 'best of class.'" Operations Manager, Independent Producer
“Immensely impressive…much more detailed than other benchmarking studies.” President, Oil & Gas Major
"The value for changes we implemented was estimated at $5 million, a very good return." Senior Engineer, International Oil & Gas Major
Data Quality, Benchmarking Methodology
A Foundation for Effective Comparative Performance Analysis and Decision Support
We prioritize the integrity and confidentiality of participant-submitted data and rigorously review that data before benchmarking begins. Then, we employ our normalization process and benchmarking methodology to provide valuable and trusted peer group comparisons that deliver meaningful KPIs. Finally, our staff of senior consultants apply their deep industry experience to develop practical insight and recommendations to enable your success.
Additional Studies & Analysis
With 30+ years of upstream benchmarking experience and the world’s largest database of upstream performance data and metrics, Solomon knows what “good” looks like for any given type of operation. The Offshore Study assesses your performance against peers and identifies cost and production improvement opportunities. The study focuses on critical KPIs, including operating cost, cost drivers, production efficiency, and uptime reliability.
If your organization is new to one of our studies or has experienced challenges completing the study data input forms, Solomon can help. Data quality and a proven benchmarking methodology enable results and insight you can trust. Contact us today!