Reduce energy costs and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and boost production efficiency through improved energy management.
Energy management is a major expense for O&G field operators. Improving energy management not only lowers costs, it reduces GHG emissions and makes production more efficient. Often, the best approach to managing energy is to optimize energy-consumption drivers such as reservoir management, artificial-lift strategies, and major equipment-maintenance philosophies. Our broad understanding of E&P activities allows us to identify significant opportunities in these areas and help implement plans to address them, often resulting in significant savings.
We help improve energy management by assessing not only energy use but production levels, costs, and emissions. Our assessment identifies performance-improvement opportunities often missed when focusing on reducing costs or energy usage alone.
The main elements of the service include:
- Performance Baseline: We establish an energy performance baseline for the asset (field or production area) using KPIs that address three strategic categories (energy, cost, and productivity) and three major energy drivers (efficiency, reliability, and consumption).
- Gap Analysis: We then compare the baseline with leader performance using peer data. A gap analysis identifies opportunities for energy performance improvement and potential savings.
- Optimization: Our optimization analysis compares KPIs calculated for the baseline to a reference line with optimal performance. This approach helps operators optimize energy management comprehensively at the equipment, facility, field, and corporate levels.
upstream benchmarking projects for
countries using real-world performance data.
Why Choose Solomon?
We employ an extensive database and benchmarking methodology using real-world knowledge and insight from:
- >30 years of operational data and upstream benchmarking process experience.
- Significant experience working in the upstream industry to ensure practical recommendations and valuable insight.
If your organization is new to one of our studies or has experienced challenges completing the study data input forms, Solomon can help. Contact us today!